GATE 2018 Info Center
GATE 2018 – The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and science. GATE is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, and Roorkee) on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), Government of India.
Every year, GATE is organized by the seven zonal IITs and an IISc on a rotational basis. GATE 2018 Dates will be notified in July 2017. Apart from granting admission, the score of gate exam is also considered as one of the criteria for recruitment to government and private organizations working in technical fields. Aspirants can check here complete details about GATE 2018 Entrance Examination.
|Commencement of Online Application Form||September 01, 2017 (Friday)|
|Last Date of Application Form Submission||October 05, 2017 (Thursday)|
|Corrections in Application Form||Second week of October 2017|
|Last Date to request for change in examination city||November 17, 2017 (Friday)|
|Admit Card Availability||January 05, 2018 (Friday)|
|GATE 2018 Exam Date||February 03, 04, 10 & 11 2018 (Saturdays & Sundays)|
|Answer Key Released On||Within a few days after examination|
|Result Declaration||March 17, 2018 (Saturday)|
|Downloading of Score Card Begins||Last week of March 2018 to Last week of May 2018|
|Counselling Commence||Second week of April 2018|
GATE 2018 REGISTRATION PROCESS:
- All the candidates have to apply online only.
- GATE registration 2018 will be started from the first week of September 2017.
- The registration will be end till the first week of October 2017.
- The authority will provide a period of approx one month for the application process.
- Aspirants have to fill GATE 2018 application form through GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).
- Candidates have to register as a “New User”.
- After successful registration, they will get the access to GOAPS.
- Thereafter, they are required to log in using GOAPS Enrollment ID and GOAPS Password.
- While filling the application form, students need to upload scanned photograph, signature, thumb impression, degree certificate or category certificate.
- International candidates are also eligible to apply.
- GATE 2018 will be conducted in Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka and United Arab Emirates.
- Application procedure for international candidates is same as Indians.
- International candidates must possess a valid passport to apply.
|Women Candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|SC/ST/PwD Candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|All Other Candidates||Rs. 1500/-|
|GATE International Candidates||US Dollars 50|
GATE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
|Qualification Required||Description about the Qualifying Degree||Status of the Degree||Year of Passing|
|B.E./B.Tech/B.Pharm||4-years B.Tech (after 10+2) in any stream or 3-years B.Tech lateral entry (after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology). Final year candidates may also apply.||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|B.Arch||5-years bachelor’s degree in Architecture||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|B.Sc. Research/B.S.||4-years Bachelor’s degree in Science (post-diploma or after 10+2)||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|M. Sc./M.A./MCA orequivalent||Master’s degree in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in final year or completed||2018|
|Int. M.E/M.Tech(Post-B.Sc.)||4-years Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology||Presently in 2nd/3rd/4th year or completed||2010|
|Int. M.E./M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||5-years Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology||Currently in 4th/5th year or completed||2019|
|Int. M.Sc/Int. B.S.-M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integratedB. S./M. S. program||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|Professional Society Examination equivalent to B.Tech/B.E./B.Arch||B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers India)||Completed section A or equivalent of such professionalcourses||NA|
Note: International candidates should have completed Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Postgraduate (M.Sc.) degree in any relevant science subject.AT the time of filling the application form, students have to upload their proof of qualification eligibility. Students who have passed the qualifying degree in 2017 or before are required to submit the degree certificate/provisional certificate while the other candidates have to upload the certificate from Principal/head of the institution.
GATE Application Form Correction:
Minor modifications will be permitted in the GATE 2018 application form. The correction will be allowed only after the submission of application form. In case, if any mistake has committed by the candidate in application then, he/she has to sent an email subjecting “Correction in data (Enrollment Number)” along with the document proof.
GATE Corrections/Modifications will be granted in the following fields:
- Name of Candidate
- Name of Parent/Guardian
- Status from Gen to OBC and OBC to General
- Have you graduated in the above degree?
- Year of Qualifying Degree
GATE 2018 Exam Pattern:
The detailed GATE 2018 exam pattern is given below:
Course: GATE is conducted for M.Tech./Ph.D. programme in IITs ,IISc and various other institutions.
Number of Papers: GATE 2018 is held for total 23 papers. Candidates are allowed to appear in only one of the 23 papers.
Mode of Examination: The examination mode will be online only (CBT).
Exam Duration: The examination duration will be 3 hours.
Number of Questions: Total 65 questions of maximum 100 marks will be asked in GATE 2018.
Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) & Numerical Answer Type Questions (NAT) will appear in GATE examination. For MCQ, 4 choices will be provided while there will be no options provided for NAT. Students are required to enter the real number in Numerical Answer Type Questions with the help of virtual keypad.
Section Common in All GATE Papers: General Aptitude (GA) section is common in all papers. It will contain total 150 questions of maximum 15 marks (5 questions of 1 mark and 5 questions of 2 marks).
New Section: In the paper of XE, new section (H) namely Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences has been included from the year 2017.
Marking Scheme: MCQ and NAT questions will carry 1 or 2 marks in all papers.
Negative Marking: There will be a negative marking of 1/3 marks for the questions carrying 1 mark. Likewise, for questions carrying 2 marks, 2/3 marks will be deducted. No negative marking for Numerical Answer Type questions.
Exam Pattern For All Papers Except GG, XE, XL:
- 25 questions of 1 mark each.
- 30 questions of 2 marks each.
- 10 questions from GA.
Exam Pattern For Paper GG:
- Part A – 25 questions of 1 mark each. This part is common for all candidates.
- Part B – 30 questions of 2 marks each. This part has two sections, section-1 is of Geology and section-2 is of Geophysics.
- 10 questions from GA.
Exam Pattern For Paper XE:
- Section A – Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory Section) – Total 11 questions will be asked. 7 questions of 1 mark each and 4 questions of 2 marks each. It is common to all candidates.
- Any two of XE sections from B to H – 22 questions. 9 questions carrying 1 mark and 13 questions carrying 2 marks.
- 10 questions from GA.
Exam Pattern For Paper XL:
- Section P – Chemistry (compulsory section) – It contains total 15 questions (5 questions of 1 marks and 10 questions of 2 marks).
- Any two of XL sections Q to U – Total 20 questions (10 questions of 1 mark each and 10 questions of 2 marks).
- 10 questions from GA.
MORE INFORMATION WILL BE UPDATED IN THE SAME SECTION – BOOKMARK THIS PAGE & STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES
MATERIALS FOR GATE EXAMS WILL BE PROVIDED SOON
KEEP CHECKING VTU CONNECT FOR MORE UPDATES ON GATE 2018